Saturday 9 November 2013

Candy Canes Christmas Saturated Canary

 
Hello Everyone, I have had a real busy week and didn't have chance to make a card, I sorta made this one over the week!
 



The beautiful image is by the lovely Krista Smith and she is called Candy Canes, I have stamped her with Tuxedo black ink.
I coloured her skin using promarkers and Copics and prisma pencils for everything else. I haven't used colours for the hair before, but wanted to give it a go, so I used Copics and for the darker shadows, I used prisma pencils. I used Prima's "say it with pearls" along the edge of the image, it also has cute little fimo roses as part of the design and really adds that little touch of bling!
 
For a change from Maja papers, the red paper is from Magnolia and the top paper is from the Joyeaux Noel collection. I made all of the rolled roses from colour core card, distressing them first and then cutting them, makes really beautiful distressed roses.
All the other embellishments are from my own stash of goodies!!!
 
Have A Fab Weekend and Don't forget to pop over to The Fashionista Challenge on Monday for Our Peoples Choice Winner and A Brand New Challenge!
 
Take Care
Cuddles Jay xxx
 
I would like to enter the following Challenges


12 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful Jay and such lovely layers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so many yummy details and your image is coloured beautifully. Thanks for joining our Christmas challenge this week, good luck. Hugz Suzanne Sweet Stampin Dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Jay...love that image and you've coloured her to perfection..Hugz Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! I love the rolled roses! And the little bells are so sweet! Thanks so much for joining us this week at 7kids College Fund!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Jay! Love the colour of her hair! and your wonderful design!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love your coloring of the image. Thank you for joining us in the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge.
    Anita
    http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Fantastic details.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Christmas” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her hair! :) So in trend and yet christmasy, too. :) Perfect!
    Have a great weekend, Jay...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully detailed card, thanks for sharing with us all over at SC Challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my fave images!! Your coloring is fabulous and the card is absolutely beautiful!! I love everything about it! Thank you for playing along with our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous traditional colours; love this image - she's adorable! Thanks for joining us at LLC for our Christmas challenge. Hugz, Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me your lovely comments, I read each and every one and they really do make my day!
Cuddles Jay xxx